Dear triathlon fans
Every year we learn from the athletes in the after-race survey what we should improve for the upcoming DATEV Challenge Roth.
One of the things we learnt was that the bike course was too crowded for many of you this year.
We took this to heart and have spent the last two and a half months working on measures to improve the situation for all participants.
As you know, the quality and safety of the race is our top priority. That’s why we have taken the following measures:
- There will be no more starting places at the Pre Christmas Action this year.
- As a further measure to increase the quality of the race even further, we will introduce RaceRanger for the professionals from next year.
- We have already spoken to the relevant association and will double the number of race officials. We want to further increase safety and fairness.
- Furthermore, we will reduce the size of the start groups and increase the number of groups. The two large women's start groups will also be dissolved. Like the men, women will be categorized according to their finish time. We also hope that this will significantly improve traffic on the course.
Start place raffle 100% for a good cause
We know that this news will disappoint some of you who were hoping that several hundred places would once again be allocated on 6 December.
The main reason for the Pre Christmas Action was to raise money for a good cause.
We would like to maintain this despite this far-reaching change.
In order to do good and fulfil athletes' dreams of a ROTH Finish 2024, there will be a Christmas charity instead of the Pre Christmas Action.
What does that mean?
- There will be 15 individual starting places to be raffled off in the Christmas charity
- You can buy a ticket for 10 euros here. If you win one of the 15 starting places, there is no additional registration fee!
- You can buy as many tickets as you like here from now until Sunday, 3 December 2023, 23:59 CET. The time at which you buy one or more tickets during this period has no influence on your chance of winning.
- 100% of the proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to charity (details below)
- Drawing of the tickets live on Instagram on 6 December at 16:00 CET.
The more tickets you buy, the higher the chance of winning one of the 15 starting places for DATEV Challenge Roth on 7 July 2024.
Here is an example:
You buy four raffle tickets for a total of 40 euros. Each of these tickets has its own number, which you will automatically receive from us by email. One of these numbers will be drawn live on Instagram during the raffle on 6 December. You will then receive a code from us afterwards, which you can use to register for an individual start on 7 July 2024. The entry fee of 679 euros will be waived. If you are drawn once for a starting place, you cannot win a second time.
We hope that many of you will take part in the raffle: 100% of the money will go to a good cause.
Specifically, we are donating the money to the "Christmas Together" project in the district of Roth. The Christmas Together project uses a lot of voluntary work to organize a Christmas party on Christmas Eve in Roth for people from the district who can't afford a nice evening, who don't want to be alone at Christmas or who simply want to celebrate together with other people. Everyone is welcome. Single people, couples, families, young or old, rich or poor, with or without a handicap. For the money raised from the Christmas charity, everyone can enjoy a great Christmas evening with good food and a festive atmosphere.
And yes, we are sorry that we have to disappoint many of you who were hoping for a starting place. However, we ask for your understanding that the quality and safety of the race is our top priority.